Ah, the post three day weekend slump. After an extra day of Caligulan activities, the next weekend can’t seem to come soon enough. Even after mounds of asprin, and vows to never drink again, the yearning for another Friday comes hard and fast. With that in mind, I’m here to help cradle that ship of time aloft. We’re gonna go a little deeper, and a lot durtier on this one.
LA’s own Righteous Trash brings us forty-five minutes of bliss, going by the name of, “MARCO:YOLO.” This set swings low with 808s thumps and spinnin rim samples criss-crossing all over the trap and moombahton side of the spectrum. Without ever flogging the audience with mid to high synth chops, this journey could fill any space with enough massive power to make even the prissiest partier drop it low. Bonus? The tracklist is top notch.
I’m gonna go right in saying I am smitten with the choice of starting off with super minimal pumps of “Slowine,” by Schlachthofbronx. Also, what’s better than the violin sample in “Purple Swag,”? When it’s remixed by Peligrosa. After a lush intro, things blast off with a little Heartbreak, and proceed through the streets with the usual gang in tow, including, Flosstradamus, Dillon Francis, ETC!ETC!, and two of my favs, Clicks & Whistles and Klever. I also have to give a shoutout for the very excellent 2deadbeatz remix of,”Diplo Hates You,” sliding nicely in.
So, while you may or may not lament your return to the time clock this week, here is a solid chunk of sound guaranteed to get you riding durty into the weekend.
Righteous Trash presents…. MARCO:YOLO
1. Slowine – Schlachthofbronx
2. A$$ – Zakmatic
3. Purple Swag (Peligrosa Remix) – A$AP Rocky
4. Pretty Hooligans – David Heartbreak
5. Hood Fantasy (Flosstradamus Remix) – Ludacris
6. Slave to The Sweat (Run DMT Remix) – Gosteffects
7. Pull Up Wheel Up (Dillon Francis Remix) – Sinden
8. Look At Me Now (Codes Remix vs. original) – Chris Brown & Busta Rhymes
9. Original Don (Flosstradamus Remix vs original) – Major Lazer
10. Madness – Run DMT
11. Express Yourself – Diplo
12. Blastin’ – Whiskey Pete & Brillz
13. Diplo Hates You (2deadbeatz Moombahton Remix) – Dani Deahl
14. Party Shot (ETC!ETC! & Major Lazer Remix) – Popcaan
15. Masta Blasta (original vs. Re-Birth Trap Edit) – Dillon Francis
16. Nann Nigga (Clicks & Whistles Bootleg Edit) – Trick Daddy & Trina
17. Bass Cannon (Stereothieves Trap Cannon Edit) – Flux Pavilion
18. Too Close (Klever Remix) – Alex Clare
This Version is most definitely NSFW in terms of lyrical content so be warned…. A censored version will be available next week.
Artwork by Yolo Ono: http://cargocollective.com/giatrimble/